What to Bring
- BIBLE, pencil or pen, notebook
- Swimsuit (Girls - One piece preferred, a very modest two piece accepted. No strings or bikinis.)
- Jeans, shorts, warm clothes, jacket, sweatshirt, rain clothes. (Girls - Please no spaghetti strap tanks, midriffs must be covered, no "short shorts" please.)
(Guys - please no tight A-neck shirts)
- Pajamas, underclothes
- Tennis shoes, sandals or old shoes (2 pairs)
- Towel, washcloth, soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste
- Sleeping bag or sheets & blankets, pillow
- Sunscreen, mosquito repellent, flashlight
- Camera (labeled disposable suggested - also available in the Camp Store), books, musical instruments
- Camp Store spending money ($10-$50 is common)
- Envelopes, stamps (You know, to let your family know how much fun you're having!)
Please Leave at Home
- Cell Phones
- iPOD, CD and MP3 players and radios
- Expensive jewelry and keepsakes
- Food (not allowed in cabins)
- Phone cards
- Personal Video Game Systems
Reasons Why We Ask That Cell Phones and iPods Stay at Home
Camp is a great time to be set apart from our daily routine and be a part of a powerful Christian community. To help your camper engage fully in this community, we ask that you would refrain from sending along iPods, Cell Phones, etc. EVERY YEAR we see how this so greatly benefits our campers. These are expensive items that can be easily lost at camp or even stolen. (If your camper does bring a cell phone etc. to camp we will keep it in the camp office during the week and return it before closing program.) Each cabin has its own alarm clock, so a cell phone is not needed for that purpose.
In addition to the lists above please remember the following:
- Jeans! There will be times when shorts are fine, however, all time spent with horses will require jeans.
- We get DIRTY, extra clothes are a great deal!
- Boots with a 1" heel are preferred for riding. Tennis shoes with a 1" heel are acceptable.
- Please do not wear high heel boot or tennis shoes with no traction with a flat sole such as Converse.
- Sometimes it rains! An extra pair could be mighty helpful!
- We will provide the required riding helmets for everyone. You may bring your own helmet if you prefer.
Triple C Trip (CCC)
Check-in at Riverside on Sunday between 3:30 and 5pm. You will meet fellow campers and stay at Riverside on Sunday night. Monday morning we will transport you to the first camp site and you will begin your adventure. you will spend Thursday night and Friday at Riverside and participate in the closing program at 3pm.
Keep in mind to pack light, as you will travel with luggage from campsite to campsite. Please bring rain gear along and warm clothes in case of cool weather.
The campers and counselors will be sleeping in tents every night and cooking out for most meals. One of the counselors will have a cell phone in case of an emergency while the group is off site.